Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder
Matcha is fine powder made by grinding green tea leaf. Other than the delicious flavor of matcha, it also has lot of health benefits that supported by study. Matcha has very high level of antioxidants that directly and indirectly promote healthier body.
Below are some of the most important health benefits that matcha offers:
Matcha is rich in catechins antioxidants. Study from American Society of Nutrition found that antioxidants in green tea help to promote weight-loss from excercise. On the other hand, a study from American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, green tea boost the energy expenditure of our body, as well as increase fat oxidation.
Improve Physical Endurance
Study shows that matcha green tea extract could improve the excercise endurance by 8-24%. The experiment took about 10 weeks. By regularly taking green tea extract, excercise time were prolonged by 8-24%.
Matcha green tea contains high level of EGCG. Protein HSP90 believed to trigger the cancer events. When EGCG binds to HSP90, it helps prevent this event from happening. This is very critical because HSP90 can be found throughout our bodies.
Study from Journal of The National Cancer Institute showed that green tea consumption helps prevent esophageal carcinogenesis. Besides, green tea could modify the effect of smoking on lung cancer risk.
Matcha is high in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll act as a cleaner which sweep out all the heavy metal and chemical elements in our body.
Prevent Heart Disease
Study results shows that green tea consumption reduce the mortality due to cardiovascular disease.
Promotes Healthy Teeth and Gums
Publication from Journal of Periodontology uncovered that the catechins in green tea decrease the indicators of periodontal disease.
Prevent Chronic Gastritis
UCLA-led study shows green tea drinkers suffer 50% lower of chronic gastrics as compared to non-drinkers. Researchers conducted the study in Yangzhong, China, investigating 133 stomach cancer cases, 166 chronic gastritis cases and 433 healthy individuals. Results were adjusted to account for differences in age, gender, education, body mass, cigarette smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Green tea catechins linked to weight loss: Study [Nutra]
- Green Tea Extract Increases Metabolism, May Aid in Weight Loss [Link]
- Effectiveness of green tea on weight reduction in obese Thais: A randomized, controlled trial. [Link]
- Green tea extract improves endurance capacity and increases muscle lipid oxidation in mice. [Link]
- New Evidence That Green Tea Short-Circuits the Cancer Process--American Institute of Cancer Research [Link]
- Reduced Risk of Esophageal Cancer Associated With Green Tea Consumption [Link]
- Green tea could modify the effect of cigarette smoking on lung cancer risk [Link]
- Go Green For Healthy Teeth and Gums [Link]
- UCLA-led Study First to Show Green Tea Helps Prevent Chronic Gastritis [Link]
- Green Tea Consumption and Mortality Due to Cardiovascular Disease, Cancer, and All Causes in Japan. [Link]